Benefits Specialist - Mountain View, CA; Vancouver, WA
Job Location: Mountain View, CA; Vancouver, WA
Excellence in Client Service is such an overused phrase, except when a company’s purpose for existence is to make life easier & better, while enriching the lives we touch, in order to create relationships worthy of loyalty.
The Client-Centric Framework
Client Support at Vita starts with the end in mind. Would our clients enthusiastically recommend us to a friend or colleague? And, more importantly, what do we need to do on a day to day basis such that every customer interaction sets a foundation for that enthusiastic referral? At Vita, we see every interaction as an opportunity to do the following:
- Ensure an experience that enriches the lives we touch, and creates relationships worthy of loyalty; and
- Engage clients to provide an excellent level of knowledge-based service that exceeds expectations.
The Role & Expected Results
Benefits Specialists provide back office support to Vita’s business units. This can be either a part-time or full-time position, critically important in our fast-paced, professional office environment!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing critical admin tasks to meet the unique needs of each client (census creation, document customization, kit directory, DP imputed income worksheet, OE packets, etc.);
- Obtain and integrate carrier materials including SBC, CBS, and Enrollment/change forms and post to websites;
- Resolve benefits file feed issues;
- Set up new clients, plans, carrier information, and rates into database;
- Create and/or update all employee-facing materials;
- Complete implementation and renewal spreadsheets and update databases;
- Provide backup proofreading and document review;
- Ensure BenAdmin systems are updated and accurate;
- Benefit administration/HRIS system implementation and support; and
- Provide HR administration support.
A passion for accuracy and excellence is an absolute must! You must be self-confident, process-oriented, well-organized, flexible, highly self-disciplined (follow through, attention to detail, self-starter), able to work proactively and independently, have a professional demeanor, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and a minimum 50 WPM typing speed. Proficiency in Microsoft Office. The workload is very diverse and demanding, and requires an intelligent, flexible, enthusiastic person who is a team player and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. This position has excellent career growth potential for a person with drive, dedication, and intelligence.
Working knowledge of employee benefits is a plus, but not required.
Who is Vita?
Our mission is to make everyday life easier and better by providing a customer experience unsurpassed in the employee benefits industry. We aspire to enrich the lives we touch, creating relationships worthy of loyalty.
Vita’s success is built on four core values that define how we behave:
- Knowledge - Unparalleled commitment to knowledge that enriches the lives we touch is the foundation;
- Service - A level of service that consistently makes life easier & better is our goal;
- Excellence - A passion for measured excellence drives everything we do; and
- Relationships - Developing meaningful relationships worthy of loyalty.
- Our values permeate through every aspect of Vita life, whether internal, with insurance carriers, or with our clientele.
What is Vita?
The Vita Companies is an employee benefits brokerage and consulting firm. Our Corporate Headquarters is located in the heart of Silicon Valley in Mountain View, CA. We also have an office in Vancouver, WA.
Starting salary dependent on experience and education. An excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and a comprehensive wellness program (with incentives) is offered.