Telephone Customer Support Representative - Mountain View, CA; Vancouver, WA
Telephone Customer Support Representative
Job Location: Mountain View, CA; Vancouver, WA
Excellence in Client Service is such an overused phrase, except when a company’s purpose for existence is to make life easier & better, while enriching the lives we touch, in order to create relationships worthy of loyalty.
The Customer Support Framework
Customer Support at Vita starts with the end in mind. Would our customers enthusiastically recommend us to a friend or colleague? And, more importantly, what do we need to do on a day to day basis such that every customer interaction sets a foundation for that enthusiastic referral? At Vita, we see every interaction as an opportunity to do the following:
- Ensure an experience that enriches the lives we touch, and creates relationships worthy of loyalty; and
- Engage customers to provide an excellent level of knowledge-based service that exceeds expectations.
The Role & Expected Results
Customer Support Reps are dedicated advocates on behalf of our customer’s needs, more specifically, our client's employees and plan participants. This is either a part-time or full-time position, critically important in our fast-paced, professional office environment! At Vita, Customer Support Representatives support multiple business units, including Benefits, COBRA, and Pre-Tax Benefits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering participant inquiries via phone calls and emails;
- Assisting walk-in customers;
- Researching and resolving participant issues and inquiries as needed;
- Documenting all client interactivity within our Customer Relationship Management System;
- Corresponding with insurance carriers, including claims resolution and request for member ID cards;
- Interfacing with the Account Management Teams to ensure a customer experience that enriches their lives, and creates relationships worthy of loyalty; and
- Being driven by a continual improvement process on an ongoing basis.
The right candidate, should have at least 2-3 years of customer service related experience. You must be self-confident, highly accurate in all your work, well-organized, flexible, highly self-disciplined (follow through, attention to detail, self-starter), able to work proactively and independently, have a professional demeanor and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal). Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), and a minimum typing speed of 50 WPM. The workload is very diverse and demanding, and requires an intelligent, flexible, enthusiastic person who is a team player and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Working knowledge of employee benefits is a plus, but not required.
Who is Vita?
Our mission is to make everyday life easier and better by providing a customer experience unsurpassed in the employee benefits industry. We aspire to enrich the lives we touch, creating relationships worthy of loyalty.
Vita’s success is built on four core values that define how we behave:
- Knowledge - Unparalleled commitment to knowledge that enriches the lives we touch is the foundation;
- Service - A level of service that consistently makes life easier & better is our goal;
- Excellence - A passion for measured excellence drives everything we do; and
- Relationships - Developing meaningful relationships worthy of loyalty.
- Our values permeate through every aspect of Vita life, whether internal, with insurance carriers, or with our clientele.
What is Vita?
The Vita Companies is an employee benefits brokerage and consulting firm. Our Corporate Headquarters is located in the heart of Silicon Valley in Mountain View, CA. We also have an office in Vancouver, WA.
Starting salary dependent on experience and education. An excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and a comprehensive wellness program (with incentives) is offered.